Monday, July 21, 2008

weekend update

What a fun weekend we had! We went to the dinky Rodeo parade Saturday morning but the kids had fun because every float threw out candy and that was enough fun for 7 kids 5 and under. Man, they were flying all over that street grabbing for candy. I started to get a little competitive, "Bram get that toostie roll pop!" or "Bram, Bram look alive buddy! There are a pack of red hots right by your left foot!" It was a hoot.

My parents came in on Saturday to do some babysitting and hubby and I went to a mediocre wedding. The bride was only 21 and 21 year olds throw boring weddings. I am just saying....

Yesterday hubby's mom came to see the kiddos on her way home from Austin and took Bram home with her for the week. I am actually really sad and missing him right now. She does this every summer, takes each grandkid for a week. BUT I am usually mentally prepared for his departure, this was not the case here. The thing is, I have to remind myself that this is wonderful for him. He adores his Iddy and Pa and they adore him and these are memories he will have for a lifetime, he is very blessed to have them. The little guy just keeps us in stitches and I just like having the little dude with me more than I realize.

On another note, Tess is a little parrot! This morning I said, "no, no, no" when she was sitting there eating a magazine and she repeated it, "no, no, no". My dad said, "bow wow wow" to her this weekend and she repeated it. Love it! I also think my precious will be walking very soon, she is really trying. And I am not looking forward to that at all.

I don't know what I am going to do with myself this week. I can't shop because I am seriously going to try to stay in budget this month. Hmmmm, maybe I will work on my photo taking skills. Tess is a real camera ham, she will stop what she is doing to smile and pose. I have no idea where that comes from.

No comments: