Monday, January 25, 2010

Lord Have MERCY!

My parents sure do wear my kiddos plum OUT! It is 9:15 am and Miss Tess just woke up. Bram woke just 15 minutes earlier.

It is tiring being spoiled rotten and having lots of toys to play with, land to frolic on and junk food to eat.

I took pictures with my mom's new camera but she hasn't downloaded them yet. And really doesn't know how, so it may be awhile. Just visualize this. But first, close your eyes and relax so you will get the full effect. Eyes closed? Good.

Picture two very cute children. Both in a Target purchased Small Paul bright green hoodies. Bram wears HIS hoodie without a shirt under it and prefers his sister's size 3T hoodie to his 5T size hoodie, he likes it "tight." According to this kid, that is how "hip hop performers wear them." Hmmmm, okay.
Tess is happy as a lark in her brother's oversized hoodie, her brand new Elmo panties and her brother's KU football jersey. Mind you, she also has soap residue in her hair from an earlier incident with some Vitabath. Picture perfect I tell ya.

Both kids feast all weekend on such delicacies as Cheetohs, Pop Tarts, mac and cheese and more popsicles than any human being should consume. Tess however, does get a nutritious breakfast every morning from her doting grandmother that consist of oatmeal with protein powder, slivered almonds and blueberries. This is Tess' breakfast of choice thanks to her healthy Gran-T.

Bram also refuses to take off a pair of shiny sweat pants and his new Converse. Ask him why and another hip hop reference is used.

Both beautiful children play freely around the house. When the weather clears up they spend the day on nature "adventures" around the property, feeding chickens and playing on their brand new playscape, courtesy of Mikey and Gran-T.

A trip to Target is always on the horizon. "Toy shopping" is a ritual. Gran-T will wait patiently while Bram inspects each toy carefully before making a selection. Lots of treats are purchased at Target as well.

Bedtimes are not enforced and Mikey will carry Tess until she feels like walking again. "A Charlie Brown Christmas" plays on repeat the entire weekend. If one of the kids is lounging on a sofa and demands a blanket. A blanket is then placed carefully on said child as fast as one can find a blanket suitable for television watching.

It's a hard knock life for these two.

I am just so confused why both cry hysterically when it is time to leave?

What is even more sad, this is how Iddy and Pa roll as well.

I hope everyone had a glorious weekend!

ta-ta for now!

17 comments:

starnes family said...

I couldn't keep my eyes closed b/c I had to read the rest. But, I did for a second.

Can I join you guys next time? I'll even wear the 5T hoodie.

Mama Sue said...

Just so there is no confusion...Coco had a great childhood but nothing like this. I promise. Ahhh the joys of being a grandparent!

Shannon said...

Typing and reading w/my eyes closed is hard. Can I open them now?

Being a grandparent would be fun. I look forward to it someday.

Bram's hip hop references kill me.

Sara said...

That's what grandparents are supposed to do, aren't they??

So fun. Glad y'all had a good time!

donatelli98 said...

So are you in full Coco Gran-T Detox mode? I am with Casey - I want to come next time and get doted on too!

Anonymous said...

i can read through my eyelids. i'm awesome like that.

and when's Grandma T stopping by with my bowl of oatmeal? I'm usually up by nine--just saying.

The Jones Family said...

I want to come too! How fun.

Momma to the A's said...

Sounds like heaven!

Love Bram's Hip Hop references! Cracks me up... I can just see him in that 3T hoodie with the Converse shoes.

Ashlyn told us last night that it was about time to go to Grandma and Papa's for a visit. She said she really needs a hair cut. My mom always takes her for a hair cut and then for a special treat. I guess she is in need of some Grandma spoil'n!

The Soladay Family said...

What lucky little ones! I'm telling you....kids have the life. eat, sleep, play, repeat...If only we appreciated it more when we were there!

SASS said...

I'm still laughing about Bram & Tessie Mayes sweatshirt swap + vitabath incident.
I can't wait to see pics!

Shannie said...

*I* want to go to Gran-T and Mikey's... Like right now.

Live.Love.Eat said...

They're exactly the kind of grandparents I want to be. Dang, your children are lucky!!!

The Rand's said...

Can't wait to see the pics! Sounds like a perfect weekend!

FROGGITY! said...

word b-ram! hip hop... haha, he's hilarious. you have your hands full!

those cheetohs and that toy shopping sounds really good about now.

glad they have such fun grandparents!!! that's the best!

Merry Mack said...

Has Bram started singing pants on the floor yet? Sounds like loads of fun. I think I want a Grandma like that.

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Why do we not live closer?

morewineplease said...

Can they adopt me... I would be so good and cute for them!