Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 so far...

Happy 2010!!! Nothing starts your new year better than Dreamsicles.

We had an amazing time at the ranch. So laid back, the kids running wild. Tons of food, beverages, conversation and laughter.

And I may or may not of done the "Single Ladies" routine for my mom. Per her request of course.

This was Bram's expression of happiness all weekend long. The kids had an absolute blast!!!

Coco posing with Annie. You know what makes you feel old? Standing next to someone you remember quit clearly as an infant. In fact, you even lived with said infant AFTER you graduated from college. And now that infant is very close to being as tall as you!

Coco and Lacey. Our matching puffy coats. From Wal Mart believe it or not.

Lacey wearing her Wal Mart coat with a Missoni scarf. My Wal Mart coat with a cashmere scarf from the Modern in Dallas. Perfect combination.

Lacey with Hank and Chase.

Me and my boo boos. Notice the "red cup." Just like an episode of "Laguna Beach."

L.B., Lacey and Coco. In the back of a pickup about to explore the ranch.

The view from the dining room table.

Our New Year's Day meal. It was amazing.

Lots more pictures tomorrow. Coco is sleepy. But I would like to list some things I would like to accomplish in 2010:

1-half marathon before my 35th birthday

2-declutter

3-work on my potty mouth

4-lay off the crack cocaine

5-work on patience

6-start refinishing and selling fun furniture

7-try a new recipe for dinner at least 3 times a week

8-kiss my husband more

9-try out for American Idol

10-get into gardening

11-get more involved with my church

12-get more involved with Camp Phoenix

13-find a teaching job for the 2010/2011 school year

14-try not to poop my pants

Those are the goals I have set for myself. I am certain I can accomplish all of them. I just know I can!!

2009 was an amazing year for me. Not a lot happened. For the Cocos...this is a good thing.

Let's review, shall we?

2003-we met.

2004-we got married.

2005-we had our first baby.

2006-designed, built and moved into first house.

2007-we had our second baby.

2008 and 2009 have been uneventful. And I am grateful for that.

I am blessed, and a day doesn't go by that I don't remember this. I have a God that loves me unconditionally. A family that is healthy. I have a happy marriage. A husband I wouldn't trade for the world. Kids that keep me highly entertained. And family and friends that keep a smile on my face and warmth in my heart.
A girl couldn't ask for more.

More tomorrow!

Ta-ta for now!!!










It's been a great year.




















2010 is starting out to be fantabulous.






























15 comments:

starnes family said...

I would like for this post to be re-written and "I met Casey" included in 2008.

Otherwise, it's great! American Idol. Hmmm..... Can I go with you to the audition?

Totally on board with your furniture project. You'd make a fortune!

The Jones Family said...

I'm in on the AI auditions; I HAVE to see that in person!

Love it all... Happy 2010!

Mama Sue said...

I'm a little worried about the crack cocain...you need to take care of that before American Idol...tabloids you know!

Walmart and cashmere...a mantra for our family!

Thanks for keeping me laughing!

Sara said...

American Idol? I'm with Casey...I wanna go to the audition with you. We can be your support group with signs that read: Coco is pretty!!

Love the pictures from the ranch. What beautiful West TX views!! I need a bench for my kitchen table, so if you're going into the furniture business, could you make that your first project?? Thanks! :)
Happy 2010!!!!

The Soladay Family said...

I was expecting to see BOOBS on your list!

By the way, I thought cooking meant "must have glass in wine in hand during process". Glad I'm not the only one! Just saying!

Dee Stephens said...

Yes, what about the boobs? Seriously.. that's BIG!
Love the ranch pix too. Very fun!

If the shoe FITZ said...

I'll be your first customer in the furniture biz...I even have a dresser for you to re-do! ;)

SASS said...

Boobs are not nearly as important as trying not to poop your pants, as this is on my new year "goal" list. I've had some close calls in rush hour traffic. But now I have leather seats, and they said my secret is safe with them either way.
Also trying to lay off the potty language. But, fuck it, I'm already over that one.
Happy New Year Cocohead!!

Shannon said...

Ranch looks awesome. How could a kid not have fun being able to run around and enjoy all of that?

Oprah had a Walmart jacket on her favorite things list so it's ok. I make all decisions based on what Oprah thinks.

I ran a half-marathon last year after not ever being able to run even a mile until last year. If I can do it, you definitely can.

Crack cocaine comes in the "new mom kit" right after you have a baby, doesn't it? Along with the mom jeans?

Getting a job for 2010 school year sounds like a whole other topic. Would be interested to hear more about your decision to do that after being home for a while.

Happy New Year!

Shannie said...

Noooooooooo...... I can't be the only one left still smokin' the crack rock! You can't quit!

The Rand's said...

Happy New Year! The ranch pics are so pretty.

Merry Mack said...

Happy New Year! I want a green puffy jacket from Wal-Mart. Good and humorous list. Good luck with that. I had to come back and add that your reader's comments are HI-larious. Good stuff.

Jodee said...

I love your puffy Wal-Mart jacket! It was perfect for the ranch!

I enjoyed reading your lists! Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Shannon said...

4 mentions of the Walmart coat that I've read today.

1.) Your blog
2.) This blog
3.) Oprah's list (can't find the link right now)
4.) And this girl's blog (in red)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh my gosh, that meat looks amazing at the ranch! That's my kinda fun girl, a red cup attached to me all day while I have fun with friends and fam!!!!!

Go you with the goals. Attainable, I think....but not so sure about #14.