Thursday, January 29, 2009

And friends are friends forever......

As most of you know, Casey and I are not only blogging friends but friends in real life too. Yet, it is a friendship that started from the blog.

She gave me my first "award." Then somehow we started emailing, then the relationship moved on to phone calls, then it progressed to three hour phone calls, then it hit a high when we officially met in Dallas.

Oh it was love at first sight, people!

Our husbands really, really make fun of us. Adam calls her my, "internet lovah" and Blake calls me, "internet Courtney."

They were actually a little concerned when the relationship was new. Afraid we were befriending some sad 52 year old man, sitting in his mother's basement, wearing leopard print bikini underwear, pretending to be a 33 or 34 year old mother of 2 or 3.

That wasn't the case at all. Though, the two of us are far from normal.

It is a friendship I have no doubt will be long lasting. The other day I received this in the mail from my dear sweet Casey:




Oh yes, that is what you think it is. It is half of a "Best Friends" heart. Guess who has the other half? When I showed this to Hubby he just looked at me and said, "you guys are freakshows" and went to open a beer.


And she sent me a darling plate to add to my collection. LOVE IT!!!
Moral of my story........blogging is cool. Even for dorks like us.

8 comments:

starnes family said...

You forgot to mention that the charms came soldered together and that I ceremoniously broke them apart. A moment I will always treasure.

Lylas,

Casey

The Jones Family said...

You two are just too cute for words...

Heather said...

I love that. My close friends think I am the biggest weirdo for blogging. I know they talk about me behind my back. But I don't care. And now I have all these characters that I talk about... "I'll say oh yeah Coco this and Coco that or I heard about that from my friend in Colorado". They think I'm a freak.

FROGGITY! said...

LOL lylas! the BFF heart reminds me of my elementary days! y'all should get friendship bracelets too! :)

The Soladay Family said...

Did anyone ever have Best Friends T-shirts? I remember having them, and my mother wouldn't let me wear it because she was afraid it would hurt my other friends' feelings...wa, wa, wa...

Live.Love.Eat said...

That is so awesome. I have some bloggy friends where we are at that email stage, always corresponding on the side. It's a wonderful thang!!!!!

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

That's awesome!!! You guys are too cute!

michelle matthews said...

Y'all are too cute! I love how you've become such good friends! So cool what can come from blogging!