Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Camping Coco style

It was rainy and very cold yesterday, so I had to think of some fun activities for my wild indians to do other than watch Wall E for 12 hours straight. So we decided to go "camping."

I am not a fan of camping. I don't like to be dirty or too hot or too cold. I will go camping with you if you have a super nice motor home or camper. Don't get me wrong, I love sitting outside with my adult bev enjoying the outdoors, just don't expect me to sleep on a sleeping bag in a tent. I just don't like being uncomfortable ever. No thanks.

Anyhoo, we "camped" Coco style yesterday. In our den, with my 80's music blasting and the heater warming our tootsies. Bram made a "fire" and cooked us "lunch." It was a great time. Tess didn't have a clue as to what was going on, but she went with it.

Bram putting on his new backpack/sleeping bag combo. A Christmas gift from his Uncle Bryan and Aunt Sara. He loves it!

My very sad attempt at a tent. I don't know why I had such a hard time making a tent. This was as good as it got, and probably the 10th try to make a good one. Bram and Tess seemed happy. Well, it freaked out Tess, but Bram liked it.

Notice Bram "sleeping" in his sleeping bag. He decided to let Tess have his new one and he used his old one. He is a very sweet boy. Totally gets it from me.

Tess refused to lay down and fake sleep. This did not make Bram happy, "she isn't playing right!" he kept complaining. I think she wouldn't lay down because she was certain I was really going to make them nap in sleeping bags in the den. Silly girl.

All in all it was a fun day. By the time Hubby got home I was a bit stir crazy, but nothing that a few glasses of Pinot couldn't fix.




6 comments:

michelle matthews said...

You are the best mom ever! What an awesome day for your kids! THese pics are adorable! I love how Tess looks so confused and Bram is just having a ball.

The Soladay Family said...

Hey! I'm blog stalking you via Casey, but I have decide to come out of the closet after your Pinot comment...Sometimes I just want to open the fridge, turn the nozzle on my BOX of wine...classy...I know...stand under it, and chug it like I'm back in college! Cheers!

Heather said...

I just gave you an award! Absolutely love your blog! And so does my hubby. He'll ask me, "what's coco up to?" My kids love the McDonalds post and we have to go read it every now and then. I think I have the sweet window lady's voice down just perfect when I read it to them.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

That's my kind of camping! Wish I could stay home and do that today.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun! And the pictures are great. What a fantastic way to spend a cold, rainy day without actually being cold.

Live.Love.Eat said...

I do love camping and the great outdoors but this sure looks like fun Coco style!!!!! And your kiddos are just so cute and fun!