Friday, January 2, 2009

What a great way to start 2009!

We had such a fabulous day yesterday I just had to share! Hubby left bright and early to go to the deer lease so that left me once again stuck with two wild indians for four days. What is a mommy to do?

Luckily for me, my good friend Julia and her husband were hosting a New Year's Day open house. YEA!

It was a great party, fabulous food, a great mixture of people, and the best part being the kiddos played outside happily for 5 hours!!! 5 HOURS of happy, non-tattling, non-hitting, non-whining kids. And there were a lot of kids. It could not of been a more perfect day.

I got home and bathed both of the little angels and then they went right to bed. I took down all of my Christmas decor (boo-hoo!), poured a glass of wine, and then talked to Casey on the phone for over 3 hours!!!

My mother is coming in tonight and we are going to do a little shopping tomorrow. My sitter is going to sit for a few hours so we can shop without trying to keep two people from destroying the stores and have a nice glass of wine with lunch without having to wrangle kids into high chairs and such. I can't wait.

So far, 2009 is looking like it is going to be a beautiful year. Yes, it is only the second day, but I am thinking positive people!!!



I was trying to get a good 2009 picture of Bram, he was smiling happily and then WHAM!, went right into a ninja pose. Seriously? I have no idea where he gets it.....


At Julia and Jay's the kids played dress up. I was hilarious seeing them traipsing around the backyard in these gettups. They were playing a serious make believe game. Precious.


Again, notice Bram going right into an action move.


John-Carter, Bram, and Ben. Buddies.


My little angel posing for me on our front porch. I had to get a January 1, 2009 picture of both kids. She says, "CHEESE!" as soon as she sees a camera. Can y'all tell she is getting more hair? I can smell those big, huge bows and grosgrain ribbons.....they are just calling my name!!!



4 comments:

michelle matthews said...

Happy New Year! What a great few days you have planned! I love it!
Those kids are precious! Fun times!
On the phone for 3 hours!?! I bet that felt good. Girlfriend talks are the best!

Angie said...

Okay, for real! I love the ninja poses. It makes me laugh so hard. It's not just the body movements either. The facial expressions are priceless! Are you sure he hasn't accidentally seen Karate Kid or Walker, Texas Ranger?

If the shoe FITZ said...

3 hours?! Dang!

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

Great pictures! Happy New Year!!!