Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goodbye Christmas. Hello back to normal chaos!!

I feel so boring now that I am not dying. Not a lot going on. I have been baking and cooking, something I didn't get to do a lot of during the Christmas week.

It was really cold and sleety today. So I was stuck in the house with two of the wildest indians on the planet. Granted, these two wild indians keep me laughing and are a lot of fun. Wearing at times, but a lot of fun nonetheless.

Lots of games played and books read. And of course dancing. My kids are 80's fans. And now Bram will request "R&B" which I love but can't find the station on Syrius. SO, I just act like I am punching in the R&B station, but I really just go back to the 80's station and tell him it's R&B.

When do the days of tricking your kids go away. He is a wise little soul, so I have a feeling he is going to be catching on sooner than later. RATS!

If you don't have the book "Tickle Monster" please get on Amazon and buy it now! It is so much fun!! AND you get a work out while reading this to your children. Especially if your children are hyperactive and have been couped up in a tiny house all day.

So our day consisted of a little of this and a little of that.

And I am not kidding, if Bram talks about stabbing someone or something again, I am going to have to call in Ceasar Milan to see if he can help me out. And now Tess is talking about shanking people as well.

I mean what kind of dog and pony show am I running around here?

I know I shouldn't laugh but when your kids, that have grown up in a gated community in the lovely Texas Hill Country, start talking like street thugs. You have to laugh.

Or call the cops.

And I just don't feel comfortable doing that.

Just yet.

And time out works for days.

No, not a few days of time out.

Just a few minutes of time out, but it seems to be effective with little to no stab talk for a few days.

Get it?

Whew. SO, I was in a cooking mood and made lots of yummy dishes on Sunday night that I am still nibbling on.

This being my new favorite.


Holy Moly! It is to die for. But cut the recipe in like 1/100. I fourthed it and it made a vat of salad. I have eaten it for breakfast, lunch and dinner the past two days.

My tummy no feels so good.

I also made this from PW's website. Heavenly and perfect for cold weather. This makes a boatload as well. And the pot is almost gone.

My tummy no feels so good.

Today, I started packing up the Christmas lovelies.




Good-bye my chocolate covered and sprinkled pretzels. You may be my favorites. Shh, don't tell the others.

Good-bye glass blown candies. You sure are pretty in red, green and hot pink.

Good-bye ginger bread cookies. I love you. I will miss you.

Good-bye pretty candies and lollies. You were my first candy purchase, and hold a special place in my heart.

Good-bye sugared fruit that I accidentally stole from Marshalls. It was the cashiers fault.

Good-bye giant peppermint candy. I want lots more of you. Hopefully, I can find more of you on sale. That is the only time I buy new ornaments, so you might want to put the word out.

Good-bye random lovelies. Pictures of my bebes. Ornaments from their birth years. I will see you in eleven months.

Good-bye Tess' first Christmas booties that now hang on the tree. I just had a contraction and now my ovaries hurt, just looking at your darlingness.

Good-bye chef snowman. I don't know where you came from, but you are cute.

Good-bye piece of our very first Christmas tree in our new home almost four years ago. I hope you like hanging on our tree year after year. You mean a lot to me and will hang on our tree forever.

Sigh. Wipe the tears. Good times.

So, I am redoing a lot of the decor in the kitchen and breakfast nook. Getting rid of some stuff, moving stuff around. Not a totally new look, but something a tad bit different. Not so much stuff, just stuff I love.
Hey Vintage Junky, wanna come and take a look at my house and give me ideas? I will provide babysitting for the dude AND lots of wine for us to consume and yummy foods to eat and we would have lots o'fun! Huh? Wanna?

Hopefully my cabinets will be painted by the end of January. I was going to do it myself but we are going to just get someone to do it professionally.

I don't think the hubs trusted me. Y'all should see our laundry room.

But that is an entire new post altogether.


Ta-ta for now!!

7 comments:

FROGGITY! said...

sadness! all of the christmas fun packed up for another year...

sigh, i just can't bring myself to take the tree down yet... ahhh!!

i will totally check out that salad. it looks so good.

Dee Stephens said...

So, checked out the black bean recipe and I think I'm going to make that this weekend! I might go for canned black beans though? Sounds easier?
I packed all of Christmas except for the tree and the outside decor. I like keeping the tree up until after New Years. I might even tear it down Saturday while cooking the chowder!
BTW - love that idea about the piece of the tree. I would have never thought of it!

Sara said...

Yummy....that salad looks delish!!I'll be trying that one for sure. Although it will definitely make my tummy hurt. Lettuce and Sara don't get along so well.

Can't wait to see your kitchen cabinets!! What color are you thinking???

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh I am sorry you weren't feeling well but that salad looks incredible!!!!!!!!! And I am starving right now.

Oh bye bye to all of it. But I am keeping my tree up for another week or so. Too pretty to take down.

Allyson and Dave said...

Wow, I am impressed with you speed in putting away Christmas. I am going to attempt to begin the process this weekend. But that all depends on how much fun I have on New Years Eve.

Michelle Hughes said...

Wine and a babysitter sound lovely.... and yay for you getting a pro... I will never, ever paint these cabinets again... in another house, possibly. But, these are staying. MMM... now you have me thinking about wine... I may start New Year's a little early!

Michelle

KJJ Houston said...

Hi I just came across your blog! Fun~
Have to ask where did you find those pretzel ornaments?? I am creating a sweet treat tree and those are SO cute, I just am doing one of something I find, so I just need to buy one, let me know where to go!! strehlow_jessica@att.net