Thursday, June 11, 2009

A cute home interior idea, courtesy of Coco

I am not a fan of hair products and such scattered about my bathroom counter, they belong in the drawer and my lotions in the cabinet. I like lots of places for things, unfortunately I am not a fan of matchy matchy bathroom accessories either.

Therefore, I came up with a very inexpensive and eclectic way to store my goods in my bathroom. And I mean very inexpensive.


I find these jars, candy dishes, and such at flea markets, antique stores, and some have been gifts. They have never cost me more than $5! And I think they look lovely.

The deep blue cup holds my wedding ring at night. The green dish holds razors. A beautiful baby blue bourbon glass holds toothbrushes and toothpaste. My milk glass holds little free packets of fancy nancy eye creams. The candy dish is for the all the earrings I wear the most. And on that, there is a perfect spot for my necklaces.


The flour jar on the left is for cotton balls!

They all keep everything organized and still looking pretty.
Please take note of the pulls on my bathroom drawers. These are off an old dresser I had that was falling apart. I couldn't part with these beautiful pulls, so I took them off and had the builder put them in my Master bath. If we mover again, these will be coming with me.

And because I am now living with a make-up burglar, I have this bowl for my good make up.


And can we all just take a look at the bikini hanging on my mirror. Motivation!!!!!

Today we weighed in at our two week mark. I have lost a pound. What the f word!!! A pound. I am not happy but will keep on keepin' on. Boo-hoo!




6 comments:

Mama Sue said...

That happened to me once (not recently) and it's probably because you have gained muscle and it weighs more than fat. I remember I was 30 and had worked my ass off in a body sculpting class and only lost 1 pound...but, I went down a size and that is really what matters. Who cares what the number says if you look good in that bikini:)

By the way love the idea in the bathroom and I'm sure have have some of those items laying around my house!

Love you!

Dee Stephens said...

I agree with Mama Sue about muscle. Also -- the slow weight loss is the weight that stays off.
I'll probably gain all 5 of my water weight back after the glass of wine I'm going to drink on the plane tonight ;)
Keep on is right! I'll be doing the same!

starnes family said...

Love the glassware. I'm wanting to start a collection of funky milk glass for my fireplace mantle. So cute!

Carrie Darney said...

What the hell is milk glass? Cute idea Coco!

Carrie Darney said...

nevermind...I got it...milk is white, hence...milk.glass=white.glass

Debz said...

LMAO@ make-up burglar!!

That's some nifty use of flea market dishes and such. Love it!