Thursday, June 18, 2009

I beg your pardon, I never promised you an herb garden...

The kids and I planted an herb garden this week. Bram thought it was super cool that I was "eating leaves!"

So far I have, sweet basil, lavender, and rosemary. That will be it for awhile, those are the only ones that can stand this crazy Texas heat. And hot it is!!

I planted my herbs in an old watering trough that a friend of mine had just sitting in her back yard, Hubby put holes in the bottom and there you have it. I have used my basil twice already, kind of cool.




And as I was taking pictures of my beautiful herbs I realized,

that the golfers and our neighbors,


probably think the inside of my house,

is a complete eyesore!

Hey, a Mommas got to do what a Mommas got to do to get through the summer.




9 comments:

Carrie Darney said...

I've grown Cilantro before and used it alot. I can't remember if it was in the summer though...LOVE cilantro!!!

Dee Stephens said...

love the herb gardens!

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

That's a cute idea for an herb garden. I just told Angry Husband last week that I wanted to do a garden for Angry Toddler.

Nice golf course view with all the toys! You are hilarious!

mamaclay said...

I just got a Topsy Turvy Tomato planter. Soooo tasteful and beautiful hanging on our patio! It will soon have a full post of it's own on my blog.

Dee Stephens said...

You're going to love Napa but one key thing you want to remember is you girls DON'T want to stay in the city of Napa.
Instead St.Helena, Rutherford, Calistoga and then you can look into Sonoma. I'm not as familiar with Sonoma but everyone says it's better b/c it's not as pretentious. I haven't found Napa to be pretentious.. but who knows?
When it comes time..I'll send you other suggestions but one I love but didn't get a chance to take brad too was Sterling. They have a chairlift/gondola that takes you to the top of the mountain where the winery is! so fun!

morewineplease said...

I kill EVERYTHING, I rarely plant :(
But I love your view!

FROGGITY! said...

i really tried to grow herbs... oh i tried, i did. but they died. yes, they are gone. boo hoo!!! yours look wonderful... good for you!!!

and yes, a mom's gotta have a backyard retreat or else we'll go insane.

starnes family said...

Little do they know how fabulous the inside is!

Live.Love.Eat said...

It looks so pretty and I So have to try planting a container herb garden!!!!