Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ta-Da!



This is Caine, our new dog. Caine was found by friends of my parents on the side of the road, eating road kill. This puppy is the sweetest love on the planet, he lets Bram carry him around without a single complaint. He has been sleeping with us and seems to be totally potty trained. Unless he is pissing somewhere and I just haven't found it yet.

I did call the Parker County SPCA and local vets and gave my name and number as well as my parents just in case someone is frantically searching. Somebody is sick over losing this dog and I will be more than happy to give him back if he is lost. But eating road kill? Poor baby had been lost for quite some time. And I saved him, he loves me, he knows I am the reason he is no longer eating road kill AND I prevented him from BECOMING roadkill as well.

Hubby was not at all pleased when I called to tell him about Caine. I had to beg, plead and promise all sorts of sexual favors before he said that I could. I kid, I kid. But seriously, there was some very 6 year old like begging going on.

The name Caine is just a French name that we could agree on (poodles are of French dissent). I really wanted to name him Kevin. That is just funny. The thought of being in the front yard yelling, "Kevin! Kevin!" and people thinking that maybe your kid has gone AWOL cracks me up. Hubby would not go for it. No matter how hard I begged or what I promised. So Caine it is.

I think I really could get used to this dog.

No comments: