Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sitting down and lovin' it.

Had another fun family day yesterday. Hubby's mom, step-dad, brothers and sisters all came over. So of course my sis-in-law and I decided wine spritzers would be a fantastic idea at noon. What the hell, right?

Fortunately for both of us, we turned in early (this is rare for the two of us when we are together), so today I feel great and ready to get on with organization. Kind of.

Our playroom looks like Santa threw up all over it and I am at a loss as to how to organize it. This is no bueno for somebody with OCD. I want it to look like a Pottery Barn catalog, but I know that this is probably not likely to happen.

So what is a mommy to do?

Right now everything is in bins with no rhyme or reason to it. Cardboard boxes filled to the brim with play food. A laundry basket with all the Transformer pieces one can own. An extra large Ziploc filled with puzzle pieces. Not really the look I am going for.

On top of the disaster of a playroom, I have so much laundry to do, Hubby may find me sitting in the corner with an adult diaper on sucking a paci and rocking back and forth. Ugh! Again, I don't even know where to start.

But for now, I am going to sit here, browse the internet, while replenishing my body with lots of fluids that were not made from grapes. Watch a little television and enjoy my family. Just the four of us, messy house and all!!

1 comment:

whereismymind said...

Oooh, I'm with ya... My house looks like it did Christmas morning. And not in the fun, happy, "awwwwww" sort of way... Like the war zone, so much crap everywhere you can't walk sort of way...

We did clean out closets today to make room for some of the new loot... Which only means the bedrooms look like cannons shot toys everywhere, as well. Niiiiice.

And if you do happen to go into a laundry induced period of lunacy, call me up... I'll talk you off the ledge and we can drink together via phone call! It'd be fun!!!!

XO