Monday, March 9, 2009

Dear Fox News,

Hi, it's me, Coco.

This will be just a quick little letter, I have tons of laundry to do and some curtains to sew, so let me get to the point.

I am putting a lot of the economy going bad blame on you. A LOT OF IT.

Your anchormen and women are becoming bored(specifically my OLD favorites Bill Hemmer and Megyn Kelly). No terrorists attacks on American soil, Presidential election is over, the American people weren't too troubled about Bristol Palin having a baby at 17, we've figured out what happened to poor little Kaylee, no Senators have been caught with an 18 year old intern, and no natural disasters that have left hundreds dead. This GOOD news, have left the anchors feeling sad and a little left out, Im afraid.

Therefore, this economy is all they have to focus on and they are leaving a lot of people very confused and down in the dumps.

Take this morning for instance, market opens down 65. You would of thought by the tone and facial expressions of Megyn Kelly on Fox, that somebody has just shot her Memaw in front of her. "Terrible news people, market is down. And remember, this isn't just effecting the fat cats on Wall Street. This is effecting YOUR future. YOUR savings. YOUR 401K!"

This behavior isn't necessary and really puts people not really "in the know" on high alert. Tends to panic and worry folks.

Panic and worry is making things really unnecessarily bad. And effecting my husbands job and stress level.

Now the market is up a little. And neither anchor has so much as batted an eyelash regarding this upward move on the Dow. Why would they? That is no fun at all.

SO, I am just asking you, please tell your anchors to knock off the drama. Yes, things are in the shitter right now. Got it. Great. BUT things will get better, and will get better. There is TONS of positive out there. Give it to us.

Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Coco

7 comments:

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

Omg, TXC, you've hit the nail squarely on the head!

The Soladay Family said...

I'm totally with you! I am sooo sick of hearing about how bad the ecom=nomy is right now....We've got it wingnuts! Enough already!!!

FROGGITY! said...

yeah, i need a little positive in my life. i cannot turn ANY news station on these days. (anderson cooper drives me insane-- there i said it. i probably will have rotten tomatoes chucked at my house now... ) not fox, not cnn, and DEFINITELY not msnbc.

and hubby is obsessed with the news, though. i have to leave the room while he watches...can't handle it.

give me frazier, golden girls, and family guy... seriously... i just need a break!

Angie said...

AMEN! You said it Coco. Stop trying to scare us! Not exactly a fun time to be married to a financial guy, huh? I feel your pain.

On another note... I saw Miranda yesterday. She is having a baby boy any day now. She looks great.

Live.Love.Eat said...

YES! Love it. I get so depressed watching the news.

morewineplease said...

No shit! THe news is horrible.. my boss had us turn all our TV's in the office to sports... so we can live in denial.. or just not see the gloom and doom every minute,

starnes family said...

I think this should be submitted with your resume to work there.

Coco on the news. I like it. Talk about ratings!