Monday, March 23, 2009

She was LOVIN' it, and new park rules

Last night my girlfriends and I decided on an impromptu picnic at the park. We all met up, kids and husbands in tow, armed with Golden Chick and iced tea.

We were there for TWO HOURS! It was a lot of fun and Tess seriously thinks she is such a big girl now. So weird to see her climbing the slide (me behind her of course) and chasing the big kids around.

Here is a picture of the kid crew, between the four moms there are 9 kiddos, 5 and under.

Can you say, "fertile?"



They look a little like rag-a-muffins in this picture. This was as the evening was winding down. Notice Bram doesn't even have his shoes on. Gross.

And this picture is just pure funny. The expression on her face had us all rolling for the better part of an hour.

The thing is, she isn't scared. She did the slide 40 times and each time down she had this hilarious freaked out facial expression.

I am laughing as I write this.

On a side note, when you are a patron of a public park, please follow these rules:

1) Keep your pit bull at home. Yes, we know your pit bull is "gentle" and wouldn't hurt a fly. BUT I don't want my 3 year old being the first, "I don't know what happened, it just attacked for no reason. It has never even growled before, much less mawl a kid!" incident.

2) Please keep you 5 year old out of my picnic. I don't mind giving a cookie or a chicken strip to a hungry child, really I don't. But I have a feeling you were hiding behind a tree somewhere watching your kid mooch off of several picnic tables, so you wouldn't have to prepare dinner when you got home.

3) Keep your shirt on. It isn't August in Texas, and as far as I could tell you weren't mowing or doing any sort of lawn work on the park grounds. Just keep it on. Nobody wants to see a 400 lb man with his shirt off. Unless you are married to it and that is just your bad luck and duty.

4) Try not to smoke cigarettes in or around playground area. This needs no explaining.

Thanks for following Coco's rules of the park. Please come again.

11 comments:

The Soladay Family said...

Love that pic of Tess on the slide!

I am all for 400 lb men NEVER taking their shirts off in public...especially when their chest and back have NEVER seen a razor!

Sassy Cass said...

That Tess is so funny! Loving your rules! Do you think folks would mind if I posted them at the park we go to?

michelle matthews said...

LOL! Great rules! So true! I hear that dog line at the park all the time.
Hilarious pic of Tess!!! I recognize that face. Tate had the same look at Great Wolf Lodge on the Howling Tornado and rode it over and over again too. Kids - no fear!

Something In The Glass said...

What a fun time!

Your rules for the park crack me up. You're hilarious.

Anniebanannie said...

Totally agree with Coco's rules. They need to be the law.

CUTE CUTE kids!

The Jones Family said...

Your rules should be law, so funny!

Tess is certainly a cutie pie!

starnes family said...

Very cute. Bram looks like a little punkin in the first. I can smell the little boy, playground enduced, funk from here.

Scary Mommy said...

That sounds EXACTLY like people we met at the park. Must your kids really mooch off of our table for his dinner? Really?!

And that slide picture is just adorable. :)

The Soladay Family said...

Hey there! Do you really want that frame? Also...go check out my side bar!!!

Impulsive Addict said...

I'm loving your rules! You should totally post them on a bench or tree.

I got a visual of the 400 lb man and it's not a pretty sight. You poor girl.

FROGGITY! said...

LOL on the rules. A- to the men.

THAT PIC ON THE SLIDE IS SO CUTE AND FUNNY!! :)