Friday, March 13, 2009

I think I'll just stay here and drink....

Could be holding you tonight,
Could quit doing wrong, start doin' right.
You don't care about what I think.
I think I'll just stay here and drink.
Hey puttin' you down don't square no deal.
Least you know the way I feel.
Take all the money in the bank.
Think 'll just stay here and drink.

Listen close and you can hear,
That loud jukebox playin' in my ear.
Ain't no woman gonna change the way I think.
Think 'll just stay here and drink.

Instrumental Break.

Hurtin' me now don't mean a thing.
Since lovin' you, don't feel no pain.
My mind ain't nothin' but a total blank.
I think I'll just stay here and drink, yeah.


This sums up the kind of day I have had. Instead of "woman" replace "kids"" in the lyrics.

(A little tidbit about me, I think Merle Haggard has the prettiest voice in the world. Hands down.)

Have a happy weekend! Hubby and I are going to watch some bull ridin' tomorrow. YEE-HAWWW! This will be our second anniversary celebration watching bull riding.

You wouldn't of guessed that huh?

3 comments:

whereismymind said...

Have fun!!!!!

starnes family said...

Was it the post office trip that sent you over the edge?

Sassy Cass said...

oh girl, i had one of those kind of nights. totally time for a drink!

ooooh fun! are watching some pbr? they are here in b'ham this weekend. my first job out of college was for the company that publishes pbr magazine. i had to go to vegas to work(play) at the finals. it was a blast and i had way too much fun. you just cant go wrong with cowboys, jack daniels & vegas(pre mrs. sass of course)...happy anniversay from one prepneck to another!