Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A great weekend, dodging a bullet, and the little momma

What a great weekend we had. Headed to Weatherford and had a blast! Perfect way to celebrate 5 years. Perfect.

Friday night, Hubby and I slept in the apartment above my parents garage and didn't have to wake up with the kids. Is that the best anniversary present or what? Of course, I woke up at 7:30 and missed my kids so I headed downstairs. Figures. So Hubby slept in and I enjoyed watching "The Office" on DVR, sipping coffee with Kahlua and having Mikey and Gran-T play with the kids and take care of their VERY needy morning habits.

On Saturday, my oldest and dearest friend, Jill, her husband (who is now one of Hubby's closest friends) and Bailey, my godson, came in to hang out and stay the night.

My brother and his girlfriend set up a scavenger hunt for Bram, map and all. Bailey and Bram had a ball searching for trinkets all over the 10 acres. It was a hoot watching them take it so seriously. Bram would hold the map and really check it out like he could read. He is wicked smart, but can't read yet. Shhhhhh, don't tell him.

We had a lot of Mexican martinis, a lot of wine, and a lot of food. SO FUN!! Bram was so sleepy and worn out on the way home, he fell asleep before we even pulled out of the driveway.

Also, this weekend something very big happened. NO MORE PACI!! It started on Thursday night. We told him he was a big boy and no paci.

And that was that.

He has asked for it a few times and I have caught him taking a "hit" off of Tess' from time to time. But at night time, no paci. Not a problem at all. So can we get a, "HALLELUJEAH!"

"HALLELUJEAH!"

Yesterday, I watched a friends 8 month old. This is Charlie. Tess felt very grown up and really was a huge help. Yep.


Bram, not so much. Please note the glorious outfit. Size 24 month Boden swim trunks, a tad bit small, dino t-shirt, and undies on his head. Awesome.


Good job little lady! She loves baby Charlie.


And just for fun, I thought I would share my Easter decor on the mantle. Cute. No?

See all the antique frames? My Uncle Randy makes them for me. My Daddy Rob (grandfather), had a house on one of his properties. The house was built in 1860 and was in bad shape. So, my Uncle Randy used tons of the old beaded board and crown molding when building he and my Aunt's new home. With all of the leftover wood, he started making these beautiful frames. I love them and I am about to put in another order for a white one.


Tiny little birds nest and bee hives lay in the twigs. I found a bunch of pretty eggs at Tuesday Morning to nestle in them.

And the bullet I dodged? I took Bram to get his 2009 pair of Crocs. He wanted the Scooby Doo Crocs. They were terrible. Crocs are ugly enough as it is but you should of seen these puppies (no pun intended) they were bad.

Fortunately for me, a bag of jelly bellies was able to persuade him to get the neon green pair. Because neon green Crocs are WAY better looking than the Scooby Doo Crocs.

What?

7 comments:

starnes family said...

That is perfect reasoning in my book. If I could dodge character clothes for the rest of my child-clothing years, I'd do it. And, pay big money to make it happen.

The amount of hook ups you have is starting to make me a little ill. Kate Mack suits....Iddy and all her delights....now, the family framer. Sick.

whereismymind said...

HALLELUJAH!

And, yes, I would agree neon green actually is way better than scooby doo. LOL!

Glad you guys had a rocking anniversary weekend! YAY! XO

Heather said...

yeah I'm agreeing with Casey. It's really making me sick too. All the cute clothes and grandparents that do it all for your kids, family framers and what have you.... really sickening... or jealousy on my part. jk :)

Hallelujah on the paci! One down, one to go. I'm telling you, the paci was the hardest thing in my book.

Cristin said...

Love the Easter Mantle... I barely decorate for Christmas...I can't bring myself to put anything up for any other holiday... my poor deprived kids...

FROGGITY! said...

hahaha! crocs! yeah, i can't do the crocs... but they are comfortable.

i tried to comment 'happy anniversary' yesterday like 4 times, but my computer has decided to start using crack. but...

happy anniversary!!! whoo hoo it sounds like you had fun!

If the shoe FITZ said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. I love Mexican Martinis and love the mantle, very cute! Glad you had a nice weekend!

Debz said...

Oh heck yeah to the "HALLELUJEAH!"
Excellent work - You and Bram!!

Glad you had a great weekend! I would love it if you would tell me what is a Mexican martini. Cause we all know I need some other yummy alcohol to drink. Like I need a hole in the head.

Happy Belated Anniversary!!