Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Birthday my little lady!!!!
















Daughter

Everything she sees
she says she wants.
Everything she wants
I see she gets.

That's my daughter in the water
everything she owns I bought her
Everything she owns.
That's my daughter in the water,
everything she knows I taught her.
Everything she knows.

Everything I say
she takes to heart.
Everything she takes
she takes apart.

That's my daughter in the water
every time she fell I caught her.
Every time she fell.
That's my daughter in the water,
I lost every time I fought her.
I lost every time.

Every time she blinks
she strikes somebody blind.
Everything she thinks
blows her tiny mind.
That's my daughter in the water,
who'd have ever thought her?
Who'd have ever thought?
That's my daughter in the water,
I lost everytime I fought her
Yea, I lost every time.

Lyrics by Loudin Wainwright III


The above song was in the closing credits of "Knocked Up". I cried the first time I heard it. I was pregnant with Tessie Mayes and very hormonal.

I still cry when I hear it. It isn't the hormones anymore. It is the love I feel for my little girl. My gift from heaven. The little sweet baby girl I never knew I had to have. But I did.

God made sure I will be getting a taste of my own medicine. And for that I am very thankful.

Bram made me a mother.

Tessie Mayes made me a better one.

I love you my sweet little lady. You have completed our family.

xxoo,
your beautiful, funny, smart and skinny Mommy

7 comments:

??? said...

Happy Birthday gorgeous girl!!!!

??? said...

OOH and I swear I try to be a bargain shopper so I justify spending money.

So did you get any Boden yet for Bram??? I swear the baby stuff for your gorgeous girl is TDF!! You have to get her some. I know a 15% off code with free shipping and returns if you want that code!!!

morewineplease said...

AWWWW this is the sweetest post! You are such a good mamma and she is so blessed to have you!
Love the new look ;)

whereismymind said...

Happy birthday beautiful girl!!!! She is amazingly beautiful. And love this super sweet post. Girls are sooo special.

Debz said...

oh happy birthday Tessie!!!

The time goes by so fast doesn't it Court?

michelle matthews said...

AWE! Happy Birthday Tess! Such a sweet post! I love it! You are an awesome mommmy! You make me want to have a girl! :)

FROGGITY! said...

:) how cute and sweet! happy birthday to your baby girl!