Friday, October 10, 2008

Wait, how is this supposed to work?

Tomorrow I am running my first 5k. I haven't been bragging about it because I don't want y'all to get all jealous and think I am a total bad ass. And also didn't want to back out at the last minute and be called a quiter.

BUT I think me running these 5ks are going to cause me to GAIN weight. Well, this first one I think already did.

Let me explain. Since I am running the 5k I have felt the need to fill up on carbs. A lot of carbs.
I have lived a pretty low carb life since I have had Bram, to which I have had very good results. Don't get me wrong, I can chow down with the best of them but have always been pretty disciplined during the week.

But not so much since this 5k has been on the horizon.

I'll give you a quick rundown:

Thursday night dinner: Shrimp quasadillas, chips and queso, two sangria margaritas, sopapilla with honey

Friday lunch: Philly cheese steak. Yes, you heard me correctly. "I'll have a kid's hot dog meal....oh, and a Philly cheese steak please. With a diet Coke."

Friday night dinner: Alfredo with artichoke hearts, ham, and mushrooms, garlic bread, salad with blue cheese dressing.

This is all in the name of "energy for the race". It is kind of giving me the mind frame of being pregnant. I mean, I would never just randomly order a Philly cheese steak for lunch. Unless I was super hungover and needed it for medicinal purposes.

So the next race that I do, I am going to have to really re-think this eating thing. Healthy carbs. Not fat-ass carbs.

What if all of this junk gives me 'rea while I'm running? Are there accessible restrooms on the path?

Oh no. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

??? said...

OOOh my dear Courtney!!!

Fat ass carbs are a BITCH!!!!

I wanna wish you the best of luck on your run...and I pray you don't have the "RUNS" while you're running! LOL

And you can't be tanking up on that food like that woman!!!! You gotta take it nice and slow. But I'm sure your taste buds were loving that food.

Go Get'em Tiger tomorrow!!!!!

morewineplease said...

Nice Menu!!
Good luck.. I will be on the couch watching the game!