Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Heaven Scent

This morning I woke up at 5:45 to go for a run. I opened the front door and it was pouring. Or at least I think it was, it has been awhile since I have actually seen rain. I shut the door, started my coffee, hopped in the shower and then sat down in my robe to enjoy my coffee and the silence. It was great.

Bram woke up about an hour later and wanted to "snuggle." He may be quite the pain in the ass at times, but his child can hug, cuddle, kiss, and pat like a champ. He sat in my lap and closed his gorgeous blue eyes and we both snuggled in "my" chair like this for about 15 minutes. It was pure bliss. I could still smell the lavender on his hair from his bath the night before. It made my heart so happy to have him calm, quiet, and enjoying his mommy.

No television, no computer, no phone, no daddy, no sister. Just my Brammy and I sitting in the dark listening to the rain. Heavenly I tell you.

Then Bram looked up at me, smiled and asked, "Can I have pancakes for breakfast?"

Holy Halitosis Batman!! I almost fell over by the stink of his morning breath. Kid had possibly the worst case of morning breath ever. Something might be wrong with him. I always say he is rotten, but I didn't really mean rotten.

Snuggle time was over and we were in the bathroom brushing the teeth ASAP.

But all in all it was a beautiful way to start my morning.

4 comments:

michelle matthews said...

Awe...you had me hooked - all teary eyed and all with your post then I was rolling after the holy halitosis! Girl you are too funny!

Debz said...

Poor little fella, something crawled up inside him and died and your making fun of his dragon breath.

Sweet post - those moments make it all worth it.

FROGGITY! said...

awww man! 3 thoughts:

1) you beeotch (jk). i am still trying to shave my 5k time down and here you are getting up at 5:45 am?! how's a girl to compete? (heehee just kidding, you rock and i am so totally jealous)

2) you made my heart melt! looove some snuggle time! what a sweet story.

3) and then you made me totally laugh out loud! ahhahaha morning breath.

so i give this post a 10 out of 10 for emotional rollercoaster-ism. ;) excited about the wine glass swap! when's the due date again??

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hah!!! This was sooo cute. I have been there before on both counts with the heavenly snuggles followed by the bad breath. Thank you SO much for coming by and loving what's going on.

I love your blog too. And I love a woman who puts her punctuations within the quotations!!!!! ha.