Friday, October 3, 2008

It's Tea Party time!!


Tess' Tea Party is upon us. Tomorrow morning at 10:30 am. I really did a good job of not letting it get too out of hand.

Bram's first birthday consisted of 75 people, adult beverages, apps, and a petting zoo. Not happening for baby number two. I guess it is true what they say....

Anyhoo
, I am doing the tea party theme and want it to be her "thing" at every birthday. "Tea with Tessie Mayes". How cute? No? Well, I think so.


This is the menu:

Chipotle pimento cheese sandwiches

Egg salad sandwiches

Chicken salad sandwiches

Shrimp salad sandwiches on mini croissants

Fruit kabobs with a dipping sauce

Red velvet cupcakes

Pineapple upside down cupcakes

Coconut cupcakes

Lemonade

Iced tea

Mimosas, of course mommy will for sure need some booze!

coffee

It isn't going to be super tea partyish because she is only one. But I wanted to get the annual theme thing going straight out of the shoot.

Her Iddy made the darling little dress just for the occasion.

I have tied gingham bows on all the skewers for the fruit kabobs. Hot pink, light pink and sea foam green icing is chilling in the fridge. Hmmmm....what else?

I think everything but the cupcakes are done. I outsourced all of the salads so that is a no brainer and highly recommended.

Can anyone think of anything I have forgotten?

4 comments:

Angie said...

A freakin' tranquilizer is what you've forgotten. This is adorable!

morewineplease said...

Looks like so much fun! what a great party... I know you will be posting pics for us!!!

??? said...

The party sound MUY FABULOSO!!! Girl, you have done it UP!!!!!

I wish I could come and have some tea with Tess!!!

Happy Birthday Tess!!!

michelle matthews said...

Yummy! Now I ahve to go eat. That sounds so delicious!