Monday, October 6, 2008

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to....





As you can tell by the above pictures. Miss Tess wasn't too impressed with the birthday celebration. At. All.

She may of been a little pissed off with the fact that she just got a measly cupcake instead of a super cute smash cake. But that wasn't the case. I spent way too much time making homemade red velvet and coconut cream cupcakes to do a big cake. Too bad for her.

After we sang, she went down for a long nap. When she woke up, she was in much better spirits and played with all of the kiddos. There are a ton more pics that I will post later.

We went through three bottles of champagne and most of the sandwiches were gone. The shrimp salad that my brother's girlfriend made (she's a caterer) was to freaking die for. I am craving in now. I will post the recipe later. It is a mayonnaise fest and soooo worth every calorie.

It was a lot of fun. Good food, good friends, good drinks, and all of the kids in there pretty dress up clothes for the tea party. Did you check out the most precious of all dresses that Miss Thing wore for her party?

Next year it is going to be a girls only tea party with boas and tiaras. I am already starting to plan.....

6 comments:

Heather said...

The birthday dress is precious!

Debz said...

She's a little young to be sooo traumatized about getting older. That doesn't usually happen until your about...wait, how old am I? oh right 42. So it had to be the nap :)

michelle matthews said...

Awe! She is adorable! I love her dress! Those cupcakes sound soooooooo good.

morewineplease said...

that first picture is sooo sad!
Sounds like a great party! Champagne!! Awesome!

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

OMG she is precious!

Looks like good times!

??? said...

gorgeous pictures. I loved them all!! thank you for sharing with me!!! Tess is a Diva!!!