Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What to do about the tallywhacker?

Yep. Bram is very interested in his tallywhacker these days. We actually use the correct term in our house but I didn't want weird googlers up in my grill.

A great example is Bram's Sunday conversation with Hubby.

Bram: "Dad, when do you touch your tallywhacker?"

Hubby: (looking at me in desperation, I just looked at him and smiled and shrugged) "Well, I only touch it when I am washing it."

Yeah, right. At this point I was trying so hard to keep a straight face, Hubby was trying so hard to be serious. Finally I had to army crawl out of the room I was laughing so hard.

Bram: "Well, I am going to just sit here and pretend to wash it."

WTF?

Conversation this morning between me and Mr. Tallywhacker.

Bram: "I have to start wearing underwear these days so my tallywhacker doesn't get dirty."

Me: "That is a great idea buddy. Underwear is is pretty useful."

Bram: "and they help keep it from getting zipped up in my pants."

Uh, OK.

Isn't three a little early to have an obsession with his thingy? Maybe because he is always naked or underwearless he is more aware of it.

I guess they start early and the fascination never ever goes away.

13 comments:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

One of my good friend's son who is how 15, would go up to people when he was about that age...RANDOM people...and say with much pride, "You KNOW...I have a tallywhacker (except he used the correct terminology too)."

FROGGITY! said...

friggin lol!

i have a friend with 2 sons and she says her 3 year old is all about his wingo right now too.

i mean, it's just the age, right?

surrrre it is.

FROGGITY! said...

p.s. GREAT new layout!

Debz said...

Both of mine started when they were just over 2. And yep - they never get past it.

Mojito Maven said...

YAY I am SO GLAD to hear that you had sucess on the couch to 5K plan!! It gives me hope that I can actually be a runner someday!!!

Live.Love.Eat said...

LOL. That is hysterical!!! Especially the army crawl and him "pretending to wash it." Wow. My 5yo was never obsessed with his. BUT after he goes to the bathroom and it's hanging out of the side of his undies he shows us, and I admit it's hilarious all bunched up like that and hanging out. Hah.

Live.Love.Eat said...

P.S. Thanks for the awesome bday wishes!

Anonymous said...

Your life is awesome! Did you do another 5K on the 25th? I thought I was going to barf after mine!

~Monty

morewineplease said...

Oh dear lord! I would not be able to handle that conversation.... so funny!

Jessica Ryan said...

I LOVE the word tallywhacker! It's great! When my now 7 yo was 3 he would sit on the couch and play with his, not ever pretending to wash it. And one day he said to me (it was more exclamation than statement) that "it" was growing and getting "huge!" He was so proud of himself. Of course I nearly lost it and had to call Papa Tallywhacker!

michelle matthews said...

Great story! Luke is figuring his out slowly. He's not quite there yet. You crack me up army crawling out of the room! Love it!

Amy Amy Bo Bamey said...

My son is 6 and still has a fascination with his dilly. When he was younger he would ask me why is grows when he touches it. I almost lost it!

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

I am SOOOOOO glad I have a girl!